Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Stone's Throw

Looking for just the right stone


The definition of this is and I quote: "A stone's throw is, of course, literally the distance that a stone can be thrown. It has come to mean any short but undefined distance"  Or perhaps you have heard that saying (as silly as it is) : 'Whose house is of glass, must not throw stones at another " by George Herbert ,1651.


Forget that, THROW STONES!!! Today, we hiked around Borderland State Park and if you haven't, I suggest you do. http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/borderland/index.htm


Everyone ready, set, THROW


We all got to throw stones in the pond. All of us that wanted to anyway! Flat stones for skipping , BIG STONES for kerplunking, little stones for little people. My Future Nephew cast several stones across the pond. Way to go! I refrained for the first 5 minutes or so, but then it just looked like so much fun...I just had to throw some stones. I promise I won't throw any at any glass houses, but I will throw it in a pond! You should try it sometime!





No comments:

Post a Comment