Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

My 7 year old nephews pumpkin of choice. We did most of the carving!


It's that time of year that I look forward to. Ever since my nephews could even have any concept of Halloween, we've been carving pumpkins together. I guess I've been going on 5 years now. There's something about the ritual. My four year old nephew woke up last Sunday morning and the first thing he said to his mom: "Today is the day Auntie comes over to carve pumpkins!". How cute is that?

My 4 Year old nephews pumpkin of choice!


3 years ago, I had a carve your pumpkin party - prizes, tealights, winners. It was a tradition I was looking forward to having every year thereafter. And then life got in the way. My boyfriend, now fiance (aka FH) moved from NYC to be with me. And now, we are buying a house and moving in a few weeks. All good things. But that doesn't stop me from carving up some pumpkins this year with our without a party!

Here's what I accomplished last night - what you can't see is his "blingy" eye patch - I bought the black rhinestones at Pier One - super cool and different!

I added the "ARGH"!



I've never been a big Halloween person, but I love carving up some pumpkins! I'm hoping next year to have the long awaited pumpkin carving party...prizes and all. I seriously start thinking about it 6 months before hand. I like to see everyone's creativity!! So, everyone get ready for bringing out the best design next year. Enjoy the Holiday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment