I think I've had more apple foods this weekend then I do over an entire month, and it was all delicious!!
1. Fresh Pressed Apple Cider - seriously! (I'm throwing in some dark rum tonight!)
2. Carmel Apple - with nuts.
3. Regular freshly picked Jonogold apple - Mmmm, Mmmm
4. Cider Apple Donuts - OMG - warm and delicious
5. and the best of the weekend, homemade apple crisp.
Made by yours truly!
|Hot out of the oven|
I am normally not so ambitious, and my brother in law makes a mean apple pie, but I thought I would try it myself - I got the recipe from allrecipes.com..
Here's the link. Enjoy!! (I would take out about 1/4 cup brown sugar, otherwise amazing).
I don't think my FH and I are going to eat dinner tonight, but at least we will get our 5 servings of fruits today!