Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Southern Part of the USA

I recently found myself in downtown Nashville...home of the Grand Ole Opry. I guess Nashville can be called "Music City".  If you know me at all, you will know I am not a Country Girl...

Although I don't look too bad in my country hat and studded purse. It's purple afterall! Both items stayed in the store, although I was tempted to get a real pair of authentic cowboy boots!

I'm also not a fan of country music, but then of course I do like some Shania Twain and Taylor Swift. Apparently she will do autographs for HOURS and not complain. At the store where this was taken, they had TONS of Opry tshirts, shot glasses, toys, the list goes on and on. AND a huge video screen with the latest singer du jour in Music City...and yes, I kind of liked it. My sister would have the look of "WHAT, YOU'RE kidding right?" look, but it really wasn't that bad. Apparently it was Keith Urban, and NOT Elvis...Although I did have a sighting of him..


The south is kind of nice to visit. They move at a slower, but nice pace. No hustle and bustle. Just a bunch of people doing it the southern way..full of kindness and twang. 




No comments:

Post a Comment