Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Drink



Around 4:30 today I found myself saying "I could really use a drink!"...then I thought, wow, "I could really use a SHOT of something". Needless to say, no shot, but I do have a nice cold drink in hand while typing up my blog with my kitty cat blocking the computer.

It was an interesting day ...big meeting with what I've coined "The Big Boss" (ie - my boss' boss). My Boss wasn't there, so it was just me and the Big Boss. The meeting went well, but I was a wreck.

After it was over, I got kudos and compliments. I sat back down at my desk and thought about that drink. I left early so I could get home and clear my mind. Yes, I left early so I could get a drink. At least I'm not like Don Draper from Mad Men, and have one stashed in my desk drawer.

Thank god for Absolut Boston. It is Mmmmm, Mmmmm, good! It's a limited edition, so for today, I said hello to it, but I also said goodbye, it was the last pour of the bottle. BUT, good thing I have a back up bottle waiting for another day! Helllloooo!!!

1 comment: