Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grand Central Station


I found myself in Grand Central Station yesterday at 6:55am. It wasn't as busy as this photo, but about 20 minutes later it was! I wasn't supposed to be there until 7:20am , but I couldn't sleep. There was a snow storm/ice storm coming through NYC and I needed to get out to CT then home later on that afternoon. I was worried about getting home. I found myself with time to kill in one of the most beautiful buildings in NYC. I usually take NYC in stride, at times more as a second office for me. So I never stop to look. Until yesterday morning. 


The detail of the brass window coverings. The chandeliers, the hustle and bustle. I sat down at the local coffee shop near track 102A. The details in every part of the building were beautiful. I wish I had my camera. What I also noticed were the commuters. Everyone in the same routine. The people behind the counters knew their orders before they said anything. They greeted them with a smile. I hadn't seen that for a while, maybe the last time in a move. It was refreshing. 

Needless to say, I made it home through ice and snow, and only 20 minutes late. 

Next time I'm in the city, maybe I'll take an official tour, or if time doesn't allow it, maybe just wander around. Never know what your eyes can see or find.

So I leave you with one of the more recognizable photo's. Next time you are in NYC, take a look around!



No comments:

Post a Comment